Learn About Water
USGS Water Information
- Water Science for Schools — Information on many aspects of water, along with pictures, data, maps, and an interactive center where you can give opinions and test your water knowledge.
- La Ciencia del Agua para Escuelas — USGS ofrece información sobre muchos aspectos del agua, desde qué es el agua, en dónde se encuentra, hasta cómo se usa.
- The Water Cycle — The most comprehensive discussion of the water cycle anywhere. Offers a diagram in over 60 languages and summary text in over 20 languages.
- USGS Education Resources
- Groundwater Basics, what is it, how does it occur.
- National Atlas of the United States — Make interactive maps within your web browser!
- Ground Water Atlas of the United States - Describes the location, the extent, and the geologic and hydrologic characteristics of the major aquifers of the Nation
- Water Education Posters — Cartoon posters for grades K-12 on subjects of wetlands, water use, wastewater, navigation, groundwater, and water quality
- A Journey with Water — Educational coloring book
- Aquifer Basics
- Glossaries of water terms
- USGS Library — The largest earth science library in the world... providing information to other organizations and individuals in the areas of geology, hydrology, cartography, biology, and related fields.
Education Materials provided by National Partner Organizations
- Hydrology— The Study of Water and Water Problems A Challenge for Tomorrow— a publication of the Universities Council on Water Resources.
- What is a Watershed?— a primer provided by the Conservation Technology Information
- Learn About Groundwater — from the Groundwater Foundation you'll find materials on the hydrologic cycle, groundwater contamination and protection, how wells work, and the "Top 10" ways you can help groundwater.
- What Is Groundwater? — a primer for kids provided by The Groundwater Foundation